1. Digitizing Overview Lateral, Frontal, Model, and SMV tracings can be generated within the Quick Ceph Studio software. When performing the lateral tracing, you only need to digitize 28 landmarks. All of the landmarks are standardized, and are ordered very intuitively, so you can easily digitize a lateral tracing in under 2 minutes. When tracing an x-ray, Quick Ceph Studio displays a tracing guide to help you correctly place the landmark. You can also choose to view the names of the landmarks while digitizing.
2. Magnifying Glass The “Magnifying Glass” feature allows you to accurately trace each landmark without having to resize the x-ray. It can be activated temporarily by pressing a hotkey or continuously by selecting the Magnifier tool icon.
3. Increase/Decrease Magnification By dragging the bottom red slider of the "Magnifying Glass" to the left, you can change its magnification. This is a stepless slider, so you can zoom the x-ray in and out to the exact magnification you want. The program also remembers your setting, which becomes its default magnification.
4. Digitizing Teeth Digitizing teeth are accurate and easy with Quick Ceph Studio. Simply click on the crown and the root and a tooth template will appear. Unlike other programs, these templates will not resize, giving you an accurate scale.
4. Automatic Landmark Recognition When tracing the landmarks along the soft tissue, some programs require you to tediously digitize many individual profile landmarks which in turn create an approximate soft tissue profile that requires correction. Quick Ceph Studio, on the other hand, offers a more elegant solution. With Quick Ceph, you simply use the mouse to trace the soft tissue profile. The program simultaneously digitizes the exact soft tissue lines you trace while the Automatic Landmark Recognition (ALR) feature determines the positions of the profile landmarks. The result is a smooth and accurate tracing that saves you time to do more important things, like treating your patients.